Friday, October 26, 2012

UPDATE - What's Been Happening?!?

09/10/2012 - It's been almost 2 months since my last update.  I've been adjusting to pregnancy and all the other things that comes along with being pregnant......such as morning sickness.  However, here lately the morning sickness has ceased, and the headaches have taken over, since being in my 2nd trimester.  So, bring everything back up to speed.....our 1st appt with the perinatalogist (High Risk OB) was on 09/10th.  The Dr was very warm, humorous, and had very good bed side manners.  At this appt we had our NT Scan completed.  I was 11weeks 4 days.  Everything came back negative.  No down syndrome etc  and Caleb is doing well!  During our scan the Dr asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby.  Of course we said "yes!"  He proceeded to tell us that there's an 89% chance that baby Finley is a......BOY!!  He was able to show Derek and I the "little stem" that helped him make this prediction.  Derek began smiling from ear to ear, and I was excited as well.  Although, I wanted my baby girl first, I'm still excited, and can't wait for Caleb Jordan Finley to make his appearance into this world! All that matters is that we have a happy, healthy baby and deliverer.  We were also able to get a DVD of this scan of Caleb, which was soo cool!  It was only $5.
After leaving this appt with the high risk OB, we walked over to my regular OB's office for my appt with him.   I informed him of the high risk OB's prediction for the sex of the baby, and he said that he's' usually correct every time .  He let me know that I wouldn't see the high risk OB again until I'm about 20 weeks for my anatomy scan.  After the appts we got home and watched the DVD, and I suggested to Derek that we add music to it.  He later edited the DVD to add music and text.  He did a great job!

09/17/2012 - I had my a wellness checkup with my primary care physician on today.  They took my vitals, and etc.  The Dr performed an EKG on me......why, I DON'T KNOW?? She says that it's something that she wanted to do since I was pregnant.  She proceeded with completing the EKG and tells me that it was "abnormal."  When I asked her what that meant, she explained that "what's abnormal for some, could be normal for you."  Okay, that didn't really tell me much.  So, now I'm a little concerned.  She referred me to a Cardiologist, and told me everything else looks fine.

09/24/2012 - At 13 weeks 4 days, I seen my regular OB.  Everything is looking good. I told my dr about the abnormal EKG at my PCP's office and let him know that I would be seeing the Cardiologist on 10/02/2012.  We saw our little guy today, but he wasn't as jumpy as before.  Maybe he was just waking from a nap or something :-). All continues to be well for both baby and I.  I couldn't ask for anything more!

10/02/2012 - I'm now 14 weeks 5 days, and I go to see the Cardiologist today.  The  nurse takes my vitals, and asked me what brings me in today. I explained to her that I was referred by my PCP who completed an EKG and says that it was abnormal.  The nurse let me know that she would perform another EKG on today for a second look.  She places all the little sticky things, I don't know what they're called, and proceeds to perform the EKG.  The Dr later comes in to explain that everything looks fine on the EKG.  He also explained that sometimes when you are a little larger chested, this may give you an abnormal reading.  However, he advised me to come back on 10/16th so that they could do an Ecko on my heart.  He explained that it's nothing but a sonogram of your heart just like a sono of your baby.  This will give him more detail to ensure that there isn't anything going on, or anything that needs to be done.

10/09/2012 - I saw my regular OB today at 15 weeks 5 days.  As usual the nurse brought me back to take my vitals and give a urine sample.  The Dr measured my tummy, and said that everything looks great.  We heard Caleb's heart beat, and as usual it was a very strong one! However, we didn't get a sono completed today :-(. 

10/16/2012 - I got my Sono of my heart completed, and everything looks normal.  The Dr wants me to come back a month before Caleb's due date in February, so that he can perform another scan of my heart. 

10/23/2012 - At 17 weeks 5 days we had an appt with the regular OB.  My blood pressure continues to be great.  Thank God!  No pre-eclampsia wanted this way! We didn't get the chance to see Caleb again :-(. But, we heard his little heart beat. The honey was upset because he missed the heartbeat because he was taking a phone call. 

Well, this is about all that's been up with Caleb and I.  He is growing at a furious rate, and I definitely feel pregnant, now! On Thursday, 10/25th I will be 18 weeks!  I'll be 4 1/2 months pregnant....2 weeks shy of being 5 months pregnant....I'm still amazed at how far along I've come in this pregnancy.  All glory goes to God alone!


No comments:

Post a Comment