Thursday, July 12, 2012


On Tuesday, July 10th was our FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer).  The procedure was scheduled for 7:45 in the morning and we were asked to check in for paperwork at 7:00 AM.  Therefore, our day started at 5:45 AM being that my loving husband wanted to leave at 6:15 AM as it's a 30 minute commute from our apartment to the doctor's office.  Because, I like to take my time getting dressed I got up 30 minutes before the departure time.  So, we're out the door and I grab my bottle of water because part of the protocol requires that I have a full bladder during the transfer as this helps the RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) see my uterus more clearly to ensure that the embryo gets placed where it should.  Therefore, I drank a 16 ounce bottle of water that later had me wishing that I'd only drank half.  Upon arrival we check in and get escorted to our room by our wonderful nurse!  The nurse take my blood pressure and get my weight.  I then change into my hospital gown and await my turn to go into the operating room, there was another couple ahead of us.  While waiting I began to feel the urge to go urinate.  At this point it's not a big urge; just  a little urge.  However, I knew that as time passed, it would get much, much worst as it was now 7:45, and I hadn't been taken back as of yet.  We get a knock at the door, and our embryologist enters the room.  He gives us a cute little print out of our hopefully soon to be little Finley.  I asked him what was the grade quality of this embryo and he proceeded to tell me "we would say that this one is a BBCC grade," meaning that it's an good, average embryo.  Yay!  That was good to hear!  He went on to show me that our little one was hatching.  So, that meant that our 5 day, blast was also hatching.   Needless to say, this was GREAT news to my ears!  From what I've researched about a "hatching 5 day blast embryo," after the transfer is that if it's hatching that means that the chances of it sticking is greater. So I'm feeling really hopeful right now!  We finally go back into the operating room to do the transfer, and I get onto the table, place my legs in the "leg-holder," and i feel like I could just urinate all over that table....LOL (sorry TMI). My doctor kept asking me if I was okay, and I keep saying, "I just really have to use it, and I'm trying to make sure that I don't let any go.  She and the nurse began to laugh, saying, "please don't get the doctor wet."  So, the embryo finally gets transferred, and it's over in like 1 minute.  However, it felt like an eternity!  I just wanted to go to the ladies room at that point.  But, oh no.  The nurse proceeds to tell me that I have to wait another 30 minutes before I can go to the ladies room; again protocol. OMG, I thought I was going to just let go, but I made it to 8:43 AM and was able to use the ladies room.  Now we're just waiting for July 19th.  BFP or BFN?........


  1. Get ready for that urge to be every day allllll day for the next 40 weeks or so. This was great training. :). I can't wait to find out about my little niece or nephew. He has a plan...

  2. Angela, I can't wait for His plan to manifest! #SpiritofExpectancy